Motorola ATRIX Released in Canada
Ever thought you would see the day come when your smartphone would be more powerful than your desktop. The Motorola ATRIX with its revolutionary webtop application and dual core processor, gives you the power of mobile computing inside your pocket. Gone will be the day,when you have to run home to sync your phone with your desktop or bring along your laptop for the ride. It’s going to be never leave home without your phone and it might very well be the Motorola Atrix doing the job for you on the go.
The Atrix WOW Factor:-
- This is the 1 st of many more phones to have dual core processor with each core running at 1 GHz, delivering up to two GHz of processing power.
- The Atrix has QHD 960×540 screen unlike most of the Android phones in the market today which have 840×480 screens.
- Works as a continuous client by connecting to its docking station. Basically what this means is that you have a device (a small one) that you can carry around with all your data, stay connected and still enjoy the luxury of a large screen & keyboard.
- Finally Android has caught up with Apple in Providing Retina A display on the Atrix.
- Motorola’s webtop application runs a full Mozilla Firefox 3.6 browser and supports Adobe Flash Player to open up all the rich graphics, animations and video on the web for you to enjoy.
What makes the Atrix so versatile?
In addition to the above features the 2 docking stations that you can purchase as an accessory provides a multitude of added features that make your Atrix work like a computer.
The Motorola HD Multimedia Dock provides connections through one of its three USB ports or HDMI port thus enabling you to connect to a keyboard, mouse, speakers or HDMI compatible Monitor/Television/Home theatre Audio System making your office and home experience worthwhile one.
The Motorola Laptop Dock provides mobility at it best, whether you are at home, office or travelling you can enjoy the luxury of a 11.6” screen, full keyboard, stereo speakers , 36Wh three-cell battery that delivers up to eight hours of battery life and weighs just 2.4 pounds. Virtually eliminates the need for that laptop.
What’s to consider:
- Are we going to see in the near future apps available for 960×540 Pixel screen given most of the Android phones are still 848×480 (115200 extra pixels compared to WVGA)? Probably not until we have a few more devices in the market taking advantage of qHD.
- Why not just get a Tablet which does this all. Is the Motorola Atrix just a stepping stone up to the Tablet? Now that is a question to be answered another time.
See full Specifications below:-
|Size||Dimension||117.8 x 63.5 x 10.1 mm|
|Display||Type||TFT capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||540 x 960 pixels, 4.0 inchesBiometric fingerprint reader
- Gorilla Glass display
- Touch sensitive controls
- MOTOBLUR UI with Live Widgets
- Multi-touch input method
- Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
- Proximity sensor for auto turn-off
|Memory||PhoneBook||Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photo call|
|Call Records||Practically unlimited|
|Internal||16 GB storage, 1 GB RAM|
|Card slot||microSD, up to 32GB|
|3G||HSDPA, 14’4 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps|
|WLAN||Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA|
|Bluetooth||Yes, v2.1 with A2DP, EDR|
|USB||Yes , micro USB v2.0|
|Camera||Primary||5 MP, 2592х1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash|
|Features||Geo-tagging, image stabilization|
|Features||Operating System||Android OS, v2.2 (Froyo)|
|CPU||1GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 AP20H Dual Core processor|
|Messaging||SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, IM, Push Email|
|Radio||Stereo FM radio with RDS|
|Games||Yes + downloadable|
|GPS||Yes, with A-GPS support|
|JAVA||Yes, MIDP 2.0|
|Other||- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- HDMI port
- Digital compass
- MP3/WAV/WMA/eAAC+ player
- 1080p MP4/H.263/H.264.WMV/Xvid/DivX @ 30 fps playback
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk
- Facebook, Twitter, MySpace integration
- Photo viewer/editor
- Document editor
- Adobe Flash 10.1 player
- Voice memo/dial/commands
- Predictive text input
|Battery||Standard battery, Lithium 1930 mAh|
|Standby/Talk Time||Up to 250 h/ Up to 9 h|
It won’t be long before Canadians get their hands on the Motorola Atrix. Bell has announced that the Atrix will be available on March 17 th for $169 on a 3 year contract.So they did set the price to compete with the iPhone 4G 16GB which sells for $159 on a 3 year contractual term.Check out mycellmyterms.com to get the Atrixs and all the latest devices.