One of the coolest devices of the year will be coming to Canada soon. Samsung and Google have officially launched Android’s first ice cream sandwich smartphone called the Google Nexus Prime. The Nexus Prime promises to deliver an impressive Google experience. The features and functionality on this device are sure to blow users away. So what we can look forward to with the launch of the Samsung Nexus Prime?
Let’s take a look at the features:
- 1.2GHz TI OMAP 4460 dual-core Cortex A9 processor
- 1GB RAM with 32GB of built-in storage
- Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 4.65-inch (1280 x 720-pixel) Super AMOLED HD with curved glass
- 1080p HD video cameria, facial recognition, voice recognition to text
- 5-megapixel camera on the back, 1.3-megapixel in the front
- GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 3.0, MicroUSB 2.0, WiFi, Tethering
- 1,750 mAh battery
- Supported Networks: W-CDMA; GSM; LTE, CDMA2000; HSPA; EDGE, GPRS; LTE; EV-DO
By looking at the features listed, we can see that the Nexus Prime is loaded with features with top-notch functionality. A dual-core processor and 1GB of RAM will give you all the speed you are looking for. The Android 4.O OS promises a great user experience such as “Face unlock” which uses facial recognition to unlock the device and Android beam which uses NFC. This will allow the user to share apps, web pages, videos, etc by tapping similar devices together. There is also voice recognition to text for emails, tweets and texts. I love the fact that, similar to the Samsung Galaxy S2, it comes with a SUPER AMOLED HD screen. The high resolution and 1080p HD video capture means a superior viewing experience. Those with the Galaxy 2 can testify to that. The one thing I was hoping to see would be an 8MP camera as opposed to a 5MP camera.
So when will the device be available in Canada? Rumors are swirling that it should be available in the next few weeks. One thing is for certain, this is the most anticipated Android phone to date.