What is sure to be the one of the first in a series 4G capable devices, the HTC Raider looks to deliver a quality smartphone loaded with features and functionality. Compatible on both the 4G(HSPA) and LTE networks, this smartphone is sure to be lightning quick. But who will carry the device and for how much?
Before we answer that, let’s take a look at what’s under the hood:
• 1.2 GHz dual-core processor with a 1 GB of RAM
• Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread O/S
• 4.5 inch qHD touchscreen display with a 540 x 960 resolution
• HTC Sense 3.0
• 8 MP camera with 1080p HD video recording with a 1.3 MP front facing camera
• Internal memory: 13 GB, Expandable memory: up to 32 GB (microSD)
• Wi-Fi/ mobile Wi-Fi hotspot up to 5 devices/DLNA
• Talk time: 5.1 hours
• Standby time: 10.3 days
• Networks: LTE AWS: 1700/700 MHz, HSPA/UMTS: 850/1900/2100 MHz, GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Who will be carrying the HTC Raider in Canada?
The HTC Raider will be available on both the BELL and Rogers networks (BELL in a matter of days, Rogers via pre-order). The price of the device will depend on contract or no-contract:
- BELL: $169.95 on a 3 year term, $499.95 if you purchase it outright
- Rogers: $149.99 on a 3 year term, $574.99 if you purchase it out
The pricing is what I expected and has more or less become the standard pricing ballpark for HTC, Apple and Blackberry alike. Once thing for sure is people will be looking to get the best deal they can on the HTC Raider.