- How much should I try to negotiate for?
The more information you provide in your proposal the better. That way our dealer network can customize the best deal possible for you. We encourage customers to use their current billing history (Step 2 of the proposal process) as leverage when negotiating their new deal. Other factors will also be important in winning you the best deal, such as length of contract, features and services and number of devices.
- When can I expect to see offers in response to my proposal?
Our mission is to get offers to our customers within 24 hours. Having said that, your initial negotiating position has a lot to do with the number of offers you receive from our Dealer network.
- Why didn’t I receive any offers?
Here are a few reasons why you may not have received an offer:
- Your proposal may be too aggressive: If you think that may be the case, please use our community deals (“Help Me Choose” method of creating a proposal) as a starting point and customize the proposal further if you wish. This is the quickest way to create a proposal and by doing so; you can base your proposal on hot deals that other customers have received in the past.
- Too early in your contract: If you have more than six months remaining on your contract you will be faced with a steep contract termination charge and as a result our wireless partners may assume this will be a deterrent to you taking a new deal. If you are willing to cover your termination fees drop us a line and we will follow up with our partners for you.
- Peak Demand: On occasion our wireless partners become so swamped with the number of proposals on the system that they can’t respond to everyone quickly enough. This may result in a delay and we are working around the clock to ensure everyone gets an offer. If your proposal requires immediate attention we would love to help so email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if I have questions about my offer?
We currently provide live assistance through our chat solution once signed in. Also, if you create a counter offer you will have an opportunity to include comments for a specific dealer. Lastly, you can always email us at email@example.com
if you need a hand.
- What happens after I accept a deal?
After you accept an offer from a dealer your contact information is then shared with that dealer and their information with you. The dealer will contact you by email or phone depending on the time of day to confirm your details and obtain payment information. Please give our dealers a little time to respond to your deal especially if outside normal business hours.
- Why hasn’t my existing carrier made me an offer?
We do not have contract renewal offers at this time. However, we are working to have this as part of our service in the near future. In the meantime, join our many customers who have received amazing offers from other carriers.
- Can I negotiate a new deal while still being on contract with my existing provider?
Yes you can. Our Dealer network may provide you with an offer that allows you to remain with your current provider on your terms, however, the best deals have typically gone to customers who change carriers and subscribe to a new rate plan.Typically the charge to end a contract is $20 a month for every month you are shy of your term. This shouldn’t discourage you from using our system. Depending on your circumstances you may find that a particular dealer may offer you a deal that saves you more than the cost of breaking your existing contract. (ex. Rena has six (6) months left on her contract. The charge to break her contract will be $120 (6 months x $20). Assuming a dealer offers her a deal that will save her over $15 a month on a three year contract, this works out to be $420 of savings. (36 months x $15) that’s $540 – $120 = $420 in savings.
- Which wireless service providers are part of your network?
Our exclusive dealer network represents all of the major brands across Canada.
- How much will creating a proposal cost me?
Our service is entirely free for all Canadian customers in search of a new cellphone plan.
- Am I obligated to accept an offer?
No, you are under no obligation to accept an offer. However, when you do, you are expected to fulfill the terms of the agreement as negotiated.
- How do you use the information you collect?
- Can I take my number with me if I accept a deal from a different service provider?
Yes, you can keep your existing number when you accept a deal with another wireless carrier. The process is fairly simple and your new carrier will take care of it when activating your new device. There is no need to call your existing carrier to initiate this process as your new carrier can take care of all the details.
- Does my offer include system access fees, 911 fees and taxes?
The Monthly Bill in your offer includes system access fees, 911 fees and any other fees, but does NOT include taxes. Once you click on the “Review Details” button it will give you a breakdown of the plan and monthly bill which is inclusive of all fees. From the Offer Comparison screen the monthly plan fee is shown and you can see the total bill by moving the mouse over the blue exclamation or info icon.
- Why aren’t the dealers offering me everything I asked for?
Our dealers have to make some intelligent guesses when responding to your proposals, especially if your proposal is overly aggressive. If your proposal is unrealistic you will either not receive any offers and if you do, the offer will be a more common type plan which is the best match based on the price you are wiling to spend.
- Why do you need information like, my credit rating and address?
When you create a proposal your personal information is NOT shared with our dealer network. You are anonymous to them. (ex. Customer#123, City, Province) Personal information like your name and address are only exchanged with our dealers when you close a deal, at which time you grant us permission to share your contact info with the dealer you have entered into a transaction with. The information we ask for provides our dealers with just enough info to put together a suitable deal for you.
- Why can’t I edit my proposal?
You can only “edit” your proposal prior to receiving offers on it from our Dealer network. If you need to add or change something you can try counter offering a specific Dealer.